Soldiers of the Armed Forces of Malta will be doing a march just before Christmas in aid of the PUTTINU CARES charity, a non governmental organisation that supports children and even adults who suffer from cancer.
Dubbed the ”March for Puttinu Initiative”, the event is scheduled to hit the Maltese streets on the 20th of December. Members of 1st Regiment AFM’s ”C” (Special Duties) Company will be leading this effort.
Puttinu Cares Children’s Cancer Support Group was officially set up in 2002. It is a non governmental , non profit-making organisation. AIMS of the group:
– To advocate on behalf of affected children and their families by representing their needs;
-To campaign for the provision of a coordinated network of care and support;
– To promote models of good care and practice;
– To support families with a national information service;
– To enhance the knowledge and skills of professional carers by providing specialist literature and education opportunities;
– To assist affected children by improving the environment in which they are treated;
– To raise funds through sponsorships, donations and fundraising activities or through any other means as the Management Committee may determine; and
– In general to do all that is conducive to the attainment of the above aims.
Posted from WordPress for Android